Sunday, January 10, 2010

Commencement

It's a time that everyone over thinks right. Well now it's my turn to overthing what lies ahead.

I'm leaving.

My classmates,my home, my friends, my teachers, my town, my comfort.

It's all going away from me, it's becoming apart of my past. Right now I feel ready to move on, I'm ready to step out of all of it and find new beginnings,meet new faces,walk busy streets the whole experience is waiting for me.

I know once it gets here, I won't be ready to leave, I won't want new faces, new streets, new beginnings are scary and unanticipated.

Everyone that made me who I am will be just sitting back and watching how far I go. It's like when you're a little girl and you try something for the first time, all your family gathers and waits for you to see if you succeed. But what we sometimes forget is they stay and watch until you succeed and when you stumble and fall along the way, they are still watching so they can catch you and get you back on your feet telling you "It's okay, just don't give up and try again."

Growing up isn't fun or easy, but it's necessary.

Right now, I have my ups and downs about the future, and the truth is I'm happy to move on, but I'm sad that all of my friends cannot be there with me. They are all moving on too.

This chapter of my life is ending and all I can do is take every moment with me in the book of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment